Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 11 to 19 of 19

Thread: My observations of the Rose Bowl

  1. #11
    Inactive Member 1inStripes's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 25th, 2002
    Posts
    12,052
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: My observations of the Rose Bowl

    </font><blockquote><font class="small">In reply to:</font><hr />
    Did anyone else not see that stiff arm he laid on a Texas defender, then went on for about a 20 yard gain.

    [/ QUOTE ]

    Yes, the had the one stiff arm. That was all though, and it was to a 215 lb. converted safety to linebacker. He isn't going to see that type of player in the NFL at the line of scrimmage. When else did he escape for extra yardage. I would bet if you took a look, his yards after contact is not that great.

    Yes, White put up a ton of TD's, but mainly in goal line situations against horrible run defenses of the PAC-10, and other inferior teams.
    "Call me crazy, but I want to buy the Dallas Cowboys end zone and have the star right at the foot of my bed. That way when I score, I can spike the ball right on the star!" -Woody Paige, Around the Horn 10.9.08

  2. #12
    Inactive Member LPDBlueDevils's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 26th, 2005
    Posts
    629
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: My observations of the Rose Bowl

    I've tried to find his run after contact stats but couldn't. But alot of the so-called experts think he is a beast, who has serious upside at the next level. They compared him to Eddie George and Ricky Bell, pretty tall comparisons. Like you said the O-line was alot of the reason he was so successful, but from the games I saw him play he always falls forward and gets those tough yards. And another thing I didn't know, last night was the first he fumbled the ball in three years.

  3. #13
    Inactive Member imported_mega's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 6th, 2004
    Posts
    5,094
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: My observations of the Rose Bowl

    Do you think he is quick enough to get to the outside?

    I wondered the same about Cedric Benson last year but Benson is really impressive when hes not holding out, hurt, or stuck in the depth chart.

  4. #14
    Inactive Member 1inStripes's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 25th, 2002
    Posts
    12,052
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: My observations of the Rose Bowl

    Yeah, it was a pretty impressive stat that they showed about Bush and White that they combined only had one fumble in 700+ touches, and Bushes came on a KO return.
    "Call me crazy, but I want to buy the Dallas Cowboys end zone and have the star right at the foot of my bed. That way when I score, I can spike the ball right on the star!" -Woody Paige, Around the Horn 10.9.08

  5. #15
    Inactive Member LPDBlueDevils's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 26th, 2005
    Posts
    629
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: My observations of the Rose Bowl

    that'a my biggest question about him, I'm not sure if he has the break away speed, but I do think he has the ability to be an in between the tackles runner, if he develops some speed somebody's gonna be a very lucky franchise in my opinion.

    Has anybody heard anything about Paul Zolosky (sp? lol) the linebacker from Penn State? Did he hyperextend his knee? or tear ligaments?

  6. #16
    Inactive Member 7_32's Avatar
    Join Date
    July 24th, 2002
    Posts
    242
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: My observations of the Rose Bowl

    i don't care about the rest of the game, if you have a heisman winner running back and you keep him on the bench in a must-convert 4th and 2 situation, you need to be kicked right in the butt....Pete Carrol pulled out some of his old Pats coaching moves according to the Sports Guy... espn.com

  7. #17
    Inactive Member 1inStripes's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 25th, 2002
    Posts
    12,052
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: My observations of the Rose Bowl

    I am still trying to figure out why they always refer to Carroll as a great defensive coach, and making defensive adjustments. My goodness, they have the best recruits, and still give up 35 a game it seemed like.
    "Call me crazy, but I want to buy the Dallas Cowboys end zone and have the star right at the foot of my bed. That way when I score, I can spike the ball right on the star!" -Woody Paige, Around the Horn 10.9.08

  8. #18
    Guest 's Avatar

    Re: My observations of the Rose Bowl

    My view. Texas wanted it more. Both teams looked sloppy at times. And USC did have Texas in a spot to take away their main players.
    But the point is. USC's defense. It was not the defense it was in the past two years. Giving up 35 points a game. Well you have to have what to win. A good offense.
    And if you play a good offense. Your defense better step up and do something.
    Both teams looked bad at times.
    USC's defense didn't step up. And Texas stayed in the game to make it happen.
    I thought they would. After watching and breaking down USC's defense.
    All Texas needed to do was sub who was being keyed on and let them play as needed. Which seem to be a little of what happened. It kept them in the game till the end so they could pull it out.
    Not big on Mack Brown. But he or someone knew enough to be able to keep it close to pull it out.

  9. #19
    Inactive Member greencrest1272's Avatar
    Join Date
    November 17th, 2004
    Posts
    1,846
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: My observations of the Rose Bowl

    Im not so sure about his speed either, but he is very quick and sometimes quickness can be a better asset to a physical runner than speed. Look at Jerome Bettis.
    It is hard to fail, but it is worse never to have tried to succeed.

    -Teddy Roosevelt

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •